Primary goal of the CSA District Assessment Program is for all students at the elementary and secondary levels to:
- Engage in ongoing reflection and self-evaluation,
- Participate in monitoring their own performance and identify learning goals,
- Strengthen their internal motivation to engage fully in the learning process,
- Ultimately achieve full self-efficacy as a learner.
Additional Goals of the CSA District Assessment Program:
- To ensure that the faculty and staff create and use multiple forms of assessment that are reflective of high expectations at an appropriately rigorous challenge level for all students.
- To address and exceed state, national, and county academic performance standards of accountability.
Quality Components of the CSA District Assessment Program:
- “Photo Album” approach to assessment that includes ongoing, multiple forms of assessment where individual learning performance is demonstrated and evaluated over time in direct alignment to designated criterion.
- Multiple forms of assessment that
- measure performance in all areas of the whole child.
- reflect a balance of formative and summative assessments.
- are an integrated component of the learning process and congruent with learning activities.
- Multiple opportunities for students to demonstrate their knowledge, skills, and understanding of curriculum standards and benchmarks.
- Regular and frequent opportunities for students to engage in reflection, self-evaluation and goal setting that are directly aligned and integrated into the units of study and lessons taught and facilitated in the classroom.
- The District has an established system that insures that formative and summative assessment data and information is reviewed and analyzed on a regular basis with faculty and staff and is central to the development and implementation of school improvement plans at the school and district level.
- The District has an established system of communication to District stakeholders that provides summary reports of achievement data and information in a timely manner.